Aug 28, 2009

District 9



Now, when I heard that Peter Jackson was going to help make a Halo movie I was psyched!! I've read most of the books and have played the game many times. Unfortunately, he dropped the project...To create District 9 with new talent, Neill Blomkamp. But, even though I was very upset about Halo being pushed back who knows how long, I had faith in Jackson that this movie wouldn't disappoint me.
The film starts out kind of slow...With interviews from various people talking about the alien crisis. District 9 is mix between a regular sci-fi action film and a documentary. I was a little confused at first, but after awhile everything started coming together. I was impressed by the main character Wikus, played by the unknown actor Sharlto Copley. He was a fun and quirky guy that you can't help but to like. I hope that he'll pursue an acting career, I'd love to see him in more movies.
However, I did not find the storyline very original. I felt like I had seen the movie before, only now with aliens.
Not everything was perfect, but I really enjoyed watching District 9. I would recommend going to see this if you haven't already!

No comments:

Post a Comment